Foreword by Dwight Clark, 2-Time San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Champion!
Super Bowl 50: Celebrating Fifty Years of America's Greatest Game
commemorates the awaited golden anniversary of the biggest annual event in the world of sports. More than just a football game, the Super Bowl has become a cultural celebration of sports and entertainment that engages people from all walks of life.
The Super Bowl has become the most watched television program in America with 114 million viewers in the U.S., and millions more worldwide. It has also become the biggest and most expensive event in the world of advertising, with ad buys now costing over $4 million for a 30-second spot.
With substantial use of beautiful archival photography and original illustration, this commemorative book highlights
- The Games: The teams, scores, little known facts, and big plays
- The Players and Coaches: The MVPs, iconic coaches, and best players who've never been to the Super Bowl
- The Events: Halftime performances, the commercials, Super Bowl parties, game day grub, and gambling
- The Setting: The game ball, ticket costs, cheerleaders, and media frenzy
- And much more, like: Super Bowl master chart of games, mascots, tailgating must-haves, favorite quotes, and graphical fun facts