Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
Application Program Interfaces (APIs) are powerful, built-in tools used to solve business problems. Many System i programmers, however, do not have a working knowledge of the APIs available within i5/OS. Worse still, programmers who are familiar with the use of APIs may not be taking full advantage of the APIs and processing techniques available to them.
In this book, author and noted IBM API expert Bruce Vining is your guide to making sense, and effectively mastering, the wide variety of APIs available with System i. Each chapter is full of real business-world examples that you can modify and use in your own environment.
In recent years, the business programmer has had to integrate applications—often from different operating systems and programming platforms—using different languages to integrate business rules and requirements. APIs allow you to gain access to the underlying structure of an application. With this book you will soon realize that APIs are among the most powerful tools in your toolbox.
New for this edition:
• New chapters covering topics such as exit point concepts, Integrated File System, date and time, cryptographic services, TCP/IP, and more
• Sorting, character data conversion, and user application information
• APIs are covered in depth
• Fully updated code on previous APIs to bring them up to newer standards
• Updates to API changes since the previous edition
• Modernized RPG code to demonstrate current coding style
• An Appendix with COBOL examples and implementation including API equivalents for RPG support of memory management, bit testing, edit words, and more
• Check Your Knowledge tasks at the conclusion of each chapter with solutions provided in RPG and COBOL Write client and server applications that enable your System i to communicate
with other systems, such as PCs, using sockets